rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Religion Quotes

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
C. S. Lewis

Born again?! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the first time.
Dennis Miller

Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
Isaac Asimov

Doubt is part of all religion. All the religious thinkers were doubters.
Isaac Bashevis Singer

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through.
Paul Valery

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Douglas Adams

Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known.
Blaise Pascal

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

I don't believe in God but I'm very interested in her.
Arthur C. Clarke

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
Kahlil Gibran

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
Henry Ward Beecher

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.
Frederick Douglass

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.
Albert Camus

If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New, he would be insane.
Robert Green Ingersoll

If I had been the Virgin Mary, I would have said "No."
Margaret Smith

If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.
Napoleon Bonaparte

If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.
Lenny Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment