rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Adversity Quotes

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.
~Robert Fulghum

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
~M. Kathleen Casey

If you're going through hell, keep going.
~Winston Churchill

We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.
~Author Unknown

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn.
~Author Unknown

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.
~William Shakespeare, Othello

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.
~Harry Golden

We acquire the strength we have overcome.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far.
~Uncle Remus

Enduring habits I hate.... Yes, at the very bottom of my soul I feel grateful to all my misery and bouts of sickness and everything about me that is imperfect, because this sort of thing leaves me with a hundred backdoors through which I can escape from enduring habits.
~Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science, 1882

If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

The healthy and strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it. Whether he's got an abscess on his knee or in his soul.
~Rona Barrett

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.
~Garth Brooks

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.
~Garrison Keillor

Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. ~Erich Fromm


I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.
~Jewish Proverb


Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?
~Rose F. Kennedy


You have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is the grave. ~Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment